I4MS at European Digital Innovation Hub (EDIH) conference 2021mportales
On 26 and 27 January took place the European Digital Innovation Hub (EDIH) conference that was organised by the European Commission, Luxinnovation, the Luxembourg Ministry of the Economy and DIHNET.
The event gathered Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs), designated EDIHs, regions and Member States, and various representatives of EEN, Clusters, SME associations, public sector organisations and vocational training institutes.
During online sessions digitalisation experts discussed a variety of topics including:
- Forging European collaboration between DIHs
- Creating European DIH corridors
- The opportunities deriving from the development of DIHs
- …and many more.
I4MS was presented during a few sessions as well. Below you’ll find a list of the sessions where I4MS and I4MS Innovation Actions were mentioned:
- Forging European collaboration with Mayte Carracedo and Andreas Ocklenburg from CloudSME. During this session it was highlighted that EDIHs are pivotal in creating collaboration in Europe, which is critical to ensure optimal use of advanced digital technologies. This European Collaboration stimulates the use of regional strengths for Europe at large. But this collaboration is not easy to achieve. Therefore, Mayte Carracedo invited regional authorities to take profit from the results of the European initiatives supporting Digital Transformation as I4MS in order to facilitate the access of regional SMEs to leading-edge technologies and infrastructures provided by top-leading research organisations and DIHs. If you want to know more about the role of regional authorities within I4MS email@example.com.
- EDIH in support of Digital skills with Dr. Marta Portalés Oliva. You can read more about this session here.This session explored how EDIHs can contribute to and benefit from the ongoing and future digital skills activities of the Commission, and other public and private organizations, to promote the digital skills of EU industry and SME workforces.
- Also, CloudiFacturing project, and its successor DIGITbrain were represented by Marco Barbagelata from STAM, who held a talk about best practices for disseminating HPC. During the talk, Marco illustrated with real examples from the 2 projects how DIHs can support the dissemination of HPC technologies, explaining how the HPC landscape is structured.
Other members of I4MS participated in the EDIH event.
- EDIH and AI with Sergio Gusmeroli presenting AI REGIO. This session illustrated with concrete examples how EDIHs can support the dissemination of the AI technologies and how the EDIH helps structuring the AI landscape with the DEP’s 2nd pillar.
- Towards cross-border Digital Innovation Hubs with our I4MS Ambassador Romualdas Petraitis
The EDIH event was attended by 2500 participants and it was a great opportunity for stakeholders and I4MS to meet, nurture their networks, share ideas and learn about the new EU policy developments on supporting the green and digital transformation through European Digital Innovation Hubs.