The experiment will implement the PLM support of a basic analysis process: design, mesh generation, loads definition, analysis and post-processing. These steps produce several 3D-models of the analyzed product: the CAD model, the meshed model and simulation result models for various load cases. This experiment will focus on giving the user easy, fast and useful access to these graphical models for visual inspection.
Visual inspection is given priority in this experiment as one of the most efficient methods of verification and validation.
Description of the infrastructure
- A visualization client for selected data types by Fraunhofer IGD
- Stellba necessary input data and models by Stellba
- HPC Cluster and Cloud Infrastructure by Arctur
- Test and usage scenario proposed by University of Nottingham.
Detailed description of the demonstrator
For the manufacturing industry the availability of visual inspection through a standards-based client removes the need to acquire, install and maintain sophisticated PLM and post-processing/visualization software. In general, for the whole manufacturing industry the PLM environment on the cloud provides a unified way of documenting the engineering process, preparing data packages for exchange in the supply chain and for long term data retention. PLM capabilities should be spread to wider parts of the industry, and the interoperability of PLM data needs to be improved.
The SME does not need to invest in solver software and in powerful hardware. The SME may run an analysis through several solvers and then compare results visually.
Expected results (technical perspective):
- Success if the various 3D-models of interest that are involved in an engineering simulation are easily accessible by an SME user through a client.
- Success if an SME user can interpret the graphically presented results.
Leader: Jotne EPM Technology (Norway). Participants: Arctur računalniški inženiring d.o.o.(Slovenia), Stellba Hydro GmbH & Co KG (Germany), University of Nottingham (UK), Fraunhofer IGD (Germany)
Modelling & Simulation