The laser-induced forward transfer (LIFT) process is a local technique to transfer different materials. LIFT uses laser pulses to push thin disks of a ribbon material from a transparent substrate and deposit them onto an acceptor substrate.
Laser direct writing of flex electronics and photovoltaics in planar geometry will be assessed and validated:
- adding material techniques (especially LIFT):
- post-deposit firing/curing techniques using laser technology.
Particular goals are:
- demonstration of new capabilities in surface functionalisation by lasers for flexible electronics and photovoltaics;
- assessment of new laser beams (wavelength, etc.) for writing and metallization in flexible electronic including material deposition (LIFT) and laser curing/firing.
- apply to define in a single step the fingers of front contact in a photovoltaics device.