As Chemi-Pharm is producing chemicals, majority of its operations focus on mixing, pounding and altering chemicals. This requires movement of different quantities of ingredients, which can cause production down time if necessary components are not available on time at correct locations.
– Due to large quantities of fast moving incoming and outgoing units, raw materials and ready products need to be transported from one location to another continuously. Failure to do this on time results in interrupted workflows, leading to downtimes and lower efficiency.
– Reallocate factory operators from repetitive data entry-tasks to more demanding tasks, while reducing human error in IT systems.
For Chemi-Pharm, the primary focus for implementing an automated intra-factory logistics system, based on OPIL, is to increase efficiency in manufacturing and internal logistics process by:
– Using the 3D Visualisation Model to streamline manufacturing process and optimizing AGV tasks based on the data OPIL collects and analyses.
– Using OPIL to steer the fleet of AVGs and operators involved in material handling tasks.
– Automating data collection of AVG movements and production data entries to keep track of the materials during every internal logistics movement.
Chemi-Pharm (End user); KINE Robotics (System Integrator); Tallinn-based IMECC (RTO) ‘
Chemicals & man-made fibres