How can SMEs take full advantage of digitalisation?
I4MS’s Working Group on best practices for digital transformation
Digital transformation is a priority for all European stakeholders, especially SMEs. The COVID-19 pandemic has only highlighted the need for automation and digitalisation of various aspects within the manufacturing businesses to gain resilience. The deployment of digital technologies, and the necessary digital skills for all the EU workforce as well as key digital infrastructures, require from public and private investment.
SMEs need to be supported to succeed in the digital transformation journey, therefore the I4MS Talk will explore challenges and mechanisms to support manufacturing SMEs enabling them to take full advantages of digitalisation. Participants will not only get to know the policy suggestions but find out real life examples of successful digital transformation of some of the Europe’s most innovative SMEs.
The second part of the event will take a form of I4MS Working Group meeting. The Working Group session will be focused on the barriers for SMEs to access to funding opportunities for digital transformation as well as the potential solutions and conditions needed to support manufacturing SMEs. The participants will work together and exchange experiences and good practices.
Participants will get a chance to co-create a set of operative practical recommendations to encourage other SMEs to embark in their digital transformation.
I4MS TALK (10:00h – 10:55h):
• 10:00h – 10:05h: Introduction to the Working Group session, TECNALIA
• 10:05h – 10:25h: Private financing mechanisms for the digitisation of SMEs, Eloi Noya (Managing director of AltriaCorpo )
• 10:25h – 10:45h: Public funding mechanisms for the digitisation of SMEs, Antoni Pijoan. (Managing Director of EIT Manufacturing)
• 10:45h – 10:55h: Questions&Answers
BREAK (10:55h – 11:00h)
WORKING GROUP (11:00 – 12:00h):
• 11:00h – 11:20h: Exchange of experiences on financing issues for the digital transformation of SMEs. Round table with the participation of a maximum of 4 organisations (SMEs and enterprise associations)
• 11:20h – 11:55h: Group work on aspects of financing digitisation in SMEs
• 11:55h – 12:00h: Closing the session, conclusions and next steps.