DIGITbrain Kick-off: A new I4MS Innovation Action initiates its activity! Check what is in it for you!
- The DIGITbrain project has been successfully launched on 1st July 2020 and was kicked-off in a first digital meeting from 8-9 July 2020 bringing together 36 companies and research institutions from all over Europe who build the consortium of this Innovation Action.
- The first Code Camp has been held last week, from 28-29 September 2020. During the event the technical core components and experiments were introduced to the partners.
- Further, the project website has been launched: www.digitbrain.eu
- Download the latest press release and the logo here: https://digitbrain.eu/press/
DIGITbrain Project is an EU innovation program (coordinated by PNO Consultants) to give SMEs easy access to digital twin technology.
Compared to the digital twin concept, which is increasingly used by manufacturing companies today, the DIGITbrain concept will go one step further by developing the ‘Digital Product Brain’ which will store data throughout the entire life cycle of a production line or a machine. By collecting all this data, it will be possible to customise and set-up machines/production assets for very specific manufacturing tasks whenever needed (see figure). This will enable a new manufacturing model, called Manufacturing-as-a-Service (MaaS), which will allow for on-demand production of much more specialised products, even in smaller quantities and still in an economically profitable way.
The ambition of the DIGITbrain project is centred around two areas that will enable innovative use cases. On the one hand, the project realises an ambitious technological vision by developing the Digital Brain concept and its enabling technologies. On the other hand, it assures that these technological advances are taken up by a critical mass in the manufacturing sector, especially by SMEs and mid-caps, resulting in the smart business model Manufacturing as a Service, facilitated by a network of interconnected Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs). Finally, the technology and business centred ambitions are enabling innovative use cases to be co-created and implemented in over 20 application experiments (to be added in two Open Calls).
This project will support more than 20 highly innovative cross-border experiments (7 starting with the project and at least 14 acquired through two Open Calls), bringing together technology providers and manufacturing end-users to perform experimentation, in order to validate the DIGITbrain solution. A total budget of 1.4M€ has been kept for these two Open Calls.
- The 1st Open Call for application experiments will be launched at the end of March 2021 and be open for three months until the End of June 2021.
- The 2nd Open Call for application experiments will be launched at the end of March 2022 and be open for three months until the End of June 2022.
The first wave of experiments covers the following topics:
- Experiment 1: Digital Style – Digital twin for fabric production optimization
- Experiment 2: Digital Brain for Injection Moulding
- Experiment 3: Digitization and optimization of snow guards manufacturing process
- Experiment 4: Digital Twin for Additive Manufacturing (AM) ensuring compliance across multiple machines
- Experiment 5: Digital Brain for Laser-Cutting and Forming of Aluminium
- Experiment 6: DIGITbrain in Agricultural Robots
- Experiment 7: Digital Brain in manufacturing industry
Project Coordinator: Dr. Antonio M. Ortiz. PNO Consultants
Communication & Outreach (WP8)
Andrea Hanninger. cloudSME U.G. [email protected]
Find us at: