CloudiFacturing first call expected by summer 2018admin
During this month, CloudiFacturing project will release in the open calls section of their site further information on its first open call, which is expected to open by July 2018, to select application experiments to demonstrate and improve the relevance of the project’s technology and Marketplace.
The 7 experiments that will be selected under this call will follow the 7 experiments already defined (wave 1) and will be followed by another 7 experiments which will be selected for wave 3 by an open call to be launched in spring 2019, making a total of, at least, 21 cross-border application experiments.
First wave of experiments include:
- Experiment 1: Optimizing design and production of electric drives.
- Experiment 2: Cloud-based modelling for improving resin infusion process.
- Experiment 3: Improving quality control and maintenance at manufacturing SMEs using big data analytics Partner.
- Experiment 4: Numerical modelling and simulation of heat treating processes.
- Experiment 5: Optimizing solar panel production.
- Experiment 6: Optimizing efficiency of truck components manufacturing processes by data analytics.
- Experiment 7: Simulating and improving food packaging.
Each experiment is accompanied by one of the Digital Innovation Hubs (DIH) partners in the project, in order to maximise the impact of the experiments:
- Innsomnia – a Spanish accelerator and incubator located in Valencia
- STAM – an Italian engineering company specialized in the high-tech sector. automation, robotics, aerospace, transport and energy.
- Innomine – Innomine Group from Hungary focuses on international, highly complex Start-up, scale up, SME and corporate innovation projects and offers its communication, public funds and innovation expertise.
- IT4 Innovation national supercomputing center (IT4I) at VSB-TUO (http://www.it4i.eu) is the strategic research infrastructure in the Czech Republic.
- The German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) is the leading German research institute in the field of innovative software technology.
CloudiFacturing – Cloudification of Production Engineering for Predictive Digital Manufacturing – was launched in October 2017 and 33 project partners from all over Europe came together in Darmstadt, Germany, at the premises of the project’s coordinator, Fraunhofer IGD. This Horizon 2020 Innovation Action and brings together the outcomes of two previous European initiatives “CloudFlow” and “cloudSME“.