A digital twin for manufacturing: DIGITbrain open call
Apply now! DIGITbrain Project will support the implementation of 7industrial application experiments
DIGITbrain Project, which is funded by the EU Research and Innovation Programme Horizon 2020, aims to enable small and medium-sized European manufacturing companies (SMEs & mid-caps) to benefit from AI-based Manufacturing-as-a-Service (MaaS). In its first Open Call from March 2021 to June 2021 the project will accept new applicants and support the implementation of seven industrial use cases in the field of manufacturing with up to 100K Euros.
DIGITbrain in a nutshell
The Digital Brain is a completely novel concept that extends the Digital Twin to cover the full lifecycle of industrial products and thereby expandsit to a smart entity having analysis and decision support capabilities. By having access to on-demand data, models, algorithms, and resources for industrial products the “Digital Product Brain” will, enable their customisation and adaptation according to very individual conditions and thus, facilitate the implementation of Manufacturing as a Service for SMEs. This will not only accelerate adaptation of manufacturing and products to changing conditions, and enable personalized manufacturing in an affordable way, but also facilitate costeffective distributed and localised production, allowing them to access advanced manufacturing facilities within their regions or to distribute their orders across different ones.
1st Open Call for applicants
Apply for the project until the end of March with your industrial use case and join a Pan-European Team that helps solving it!
In its lifetime the project will implement 21 highly innovative experiments, each bringing together suitable manufacturing end-users, technology providers, research organisations, High Performance Computing providers or Digital Innovation Hubs, in order to implement an individual use case-based Digital Twin. Companies from the above mentioned groups, located in the EU, a Horizon 2020 associated country or the UK, can apply in one of the two Open Calls, with their specific use case. Experiments can cover all segments of the entire manufacturing sector, e.g. discrete manufacturing, continuous production or construction. In its first Open Call, open from March 2021 to June 2021, it will add 7 new experiments, eligible by up to 100K Euros each. The experiments will be integrated to a Digital Marketplace, which provides the necessary graphical user interfaces (GUIs) in view of configuring and monitoring the Digital Brain for an industrialproduct instance and will handle the access rights to the Digital Brain’s instances.
The Project is funded by the EU Research and Innovation Programme Horizon 2020 under grant agreement number 952071 and currently composed of a consortium of 36 partners.
DIGITbain Open Call details at a glance:
- DIGITbrain will be running 2 Open Calls for experiments all over Europe with a budget of: 1 400 000 € which you can apply to
- 1st Open Call: From March 2021 to June 2021
- 2nd Open Call: From March 2022 to June 2022
- 7 application experiments will be accepted in every Open Call and receive
- up to 100K Euros per experiment
- up to 60K Euros (possible) per third party
1st Open Call timeline
- Opening date: March 31st, 2021 – 10:00h (CEST Time)
- Proposal submission deadline: June 30th, 2021 – 17:00h (CEST Time)
- Proposal evaluation phase: from June 30th to the end of September 2021
- Announcement of accepted proposals: September 2021
- Support throughout the process (application, design and implementation of the experiment) by the participating Digital Innovation Hubs.
- Begin of implementation phase: October 2021
For more information visit: